The aim of the researcher is to develop a web based controller for power inverter that has a following specification as what the title depicts(ARDUINO WEB BASED 1 KW SMART POWER INVERTER CONTROLLER). The researcher means for the term smart is that the web based controller software could monitor and control any inputs and outputs, faults and abnormalities, visually and interactively on the web associated while the device is on the mode of operation then the device is expected to automatically respond according to what has been pre-programmed inside the web-based controller. The controller is extendable and flexible, and could be used online or offline by the consumer to monitor and control any electrical and electronic appliances that is connected to the host computer via internet, together with the device hardware (power inverter), and it automatically choose among the available power source he has in case of power shortage. In this way any faults that is mostly associated with the lack of knowledge of most of the consumers or users can be solve because it would be too dangerous to the part of the consumer and to the inverter itself if the consumer will prefer the conventional design. It also interprets the gap between human and machine interface. Therefore with this new interpretation design the life span would be longer, less hazard, saves more money and many more advantages that will depend where will the controller would be used.
As the technology keep on advancing the gap between the cost and performance on creating new one has significantly narrowed down. The demand of new tools or platforms reliably and cost effectively to power those devices also rises and for the rural areas, to control and power such devices is their main problem. It’s mainly because they are dependent on low scale renewable sources of energy which is only enough to power for a regular type of household which they mostly stored in battery banks.
Unfortunately majority of the electronics and electrical devices where designed to operate on 220V pure sinewave depending on each country geographical location. Therefore enable for the people in rural areas where most of their power was stored in battery is to use an inverter to invert the low voltage DC to the required AC voltages of their appliances. The inverter must be smart enough to run the household appliances with in its rated capacity similarly to what the service offered by power utilities to each of their customer.
The system’s main properties are:
The Objectives of this project is to develop a web based controller for power inverter that can be used online or offline monitoring and control. The controller acts as intelligence of the smart power inverter during operation rather than using conventional Microcontroller.
- Host computer connected to arduino microcontroller to power inverter together with the usb cable.
- Web pages programmed using web tech languages.
- Breakout server the one who stablished communication between web pages and microcontroller.
- Online server to host the web page files to be accessed all over the world with the internet.
- Breakout firmata to accessed microcontroller peripherals with the web and internet.
- Sensors to sense the world surround us.
- Power inverter the one being controlled.
- Monitor and control and display sensor data interactively.
- Have a smart feature like automatically switching to the other power source when the current source is reaching to battery low.
- Has the ability to determine that “This parameter is an error, I will do this”.
Limitation of the device:
The researcher must also write a user manual discussing the limitation of the device controller that could significantly put the device controller and each owner into a danger due to the lack of knowledge. This includes the following:
- The controller web pages must be at least hosted into a HTTPS encrypted Online Server.
- The hosted computer must be safely enough to expect result.
- The arduino microcontroller must always be connected to host computer.
- For online use drop web pages into online server.
- For offline use just open the package web pages with your preferred browser.
- The breakout server installer software must always be running connected in your host computer respectively to your system architecture.
- The host computer and the connected microcontroller must be place into a highly stabilized place.
- The device controller must not be place in the high temperature place to avoid the device in built thermal protection to trigger in falsely.
- The device controller must be mounted on the dust free places since the device has a cooling fan to prevent the fan from sucking the dust outside.
In other words the owner or user must be informed about the parameters that the device controller will consider that “This is an error, I will do this action” since the inverter is said to be smart.
Keywords: Inverter, arduino, web-based controller, full-load capacity, new interpretation, interactive, monitoring and control, hmi, host computer software and internet.
The following video shows how this project work and the code implementation will be on the other post project:
For the code implementation demo CLICK HERE.
- Basketball Game Clock –Implementing Prototype - 3 January, 2018
- ARDUINO WEB BASED 1 KW POWER SMART INVERTER CONTROLLER - 3 January, 2018
- Arduino Web Based Monitoring and Control - 3 January, 2018